The department's laboratory setup provides excellent facilities to cater to the various needs of B.Tech(IT), M.Tech(IT and By Research) students & Ph.D Scholars. The department has several labs for general programming language laboratory courses for UG and dedicated labs for courses like Data Processing, Internet Technology and System Software. PG students and Research Scholars work in their own dedicated labs equipped with high end machines and other facilities.
State-of-the-art computing facilities available in the various labs –
- 150 High end desktop systems, with i7 Processor and 8GB RAM
- 50 Pentium-IV computers with internet facility and 43 Workstations
- 30 HP Desktop Systems with i5 processor, 15 IBM and 35 HP Desktops with Pentium III processor
- 2 Blade servers, 2 IBM Servers and 1 rx2660 Itanium Server running Linux for laboratory support.
- IBM POWER 7 Virtualization Server
- 2 Xeon Rack Mounted DL160 Servers running Fedora and 1 HP Proliant 16GB RPS Server.
- 2 CUDA based servers for High Performance Computing
- 2D and 3D camcorders for High Performance Multimedia Lab and Applications
- Microsoft Kinect for Xbox 360 for Human Computer Interaction Applications
- MEMSIC Wireless Sensor Network Professional and Educational Kits.
- Microprocessor and Interfacing Kits for hand-on experiments.
- LAN Trainer Kits for network and routing simulation experiments.
- Rational Rose Suite and IBM’s Business Intelligence Suite.
Details of Laboratories -
- UG Laboratory 1 & 2
- Virtualization Lab
- Digital Systems and Interfacing Laboratory 1 & 2
- Project Laboratory
- PG Laboratory 1 & 2 - Dedicated and fully equipped lab for M.Tech (I.T) students
- Research Laboratory - Dedicated and fully equipped lab infrastructure for full-time Research Scholars and M.Tech-R students
- Internet Technology Lab